Well, it's been a while, so I figured I should probably make an effort and try to start updating again.
It's been over a month; I ain't even going to try
to recap the last month. These are various things that have happenned in the past month, that I can remember, that may be newsworthy.
is still in Canada. I miss her so. Last time I talked to her, on Monday, she was headed off to Jasper for a few days. But those reading Lara's LJ will probably know that already.
* Start of the month was the SVGA's first attempt at a major event. Dubbed O-LAN, it was our attempt to have a small LAN weekend, and get some money. Probably due to a lack of advertising, and poor weather, we unfortunately lost money on the event. Ah well, next time someone else will be handling it.
* It's official - come next AGM, I'm not going to be SVGA's President. This is my third term as President, and I think I need to let go, and let someone else lead the club. I'm certain there will be some people willing to lead the club. I'm confident that I've done my bit to ensure the club will survive.
* University has started up. I need to relearn my discipline. I intend to do this.
* MURP has started. I managed to convince warragul
to co-GM a multi-party Adventure! game with me (Adventure! being a pulp-style game). Currently, we've finished the first official session, having decided to throw everyone at the climax of their "last" adventure (which I had written up beforehand for my group). I unfortunately cannot divulge amusing aspects about much of the game that are amusing due to the metaplot me and Alicia have come up with, due to the fact that I know at least a few players are on LJ, and I'd hate to ruin their fun...
* The final MURP camp at Grefriars was last weekend. It was indeed fun, but seemed immensely short, for some reason. I suspect me doing a lot of helping out (I was in charge of soup, and indeed by pumpkin and sweet potato soup was well-received, and then stayed on, while tending the soup, to help with the mexican menu). I also had my first real Nitrous Oxide high. It was... interesting. Definitely better than the last time I tried Nitrous - I barely felt a thing then. Also played interesting games, and took many, many photos and movies. Probably enough to make a virtual representation of the Greyfriars site. If people are really interested, I may throw it all on Photobucket (though there's about 48MB of photos and movies...)
* I almost put mikeybidness
on my friends list. I have now decided against this. For those of you unaware of the spectacle of the last few days, I'll leave it as an exercise to the reader to find out, because as of tonight, I'm not going to bother continuing to reply. It's simply not worth it.
* My 21st is coming up. I'm almost wishing it wasn't because it means I have to make decisions and stuff. I already got the date, so no problem there, but I have to decide where to hold the party, what sort of things to serve there, what presents I want my parents to get me... It's actually quite stressful. We've now basically decided on nice restaurant dinner with family and fireflyfaery
, then a house party. But of course, I have to decide whether I want my house party at my parent's place, or perhaps at Wolfenstein, and there are pros and cons to both.
I need to learn to be more decisive.
* In work news, on Monday I found out that some idiot in DLU had set my contract to expire on the 3rd of March. I've got a new contract all filled out and such, but this does mean that I don't get paid next week. Which is a pain. Thankfully my parents have said they'll lend me money to tide me over until my next pay period. Still annoying though.
* My older brother, Mathew, has his graduation tomorrow. There's nothing really stopping me from going, and I'd like to go, but to do so, I'd probably have to miss my only class tomorrow. And I've missed more than a few classes in that subject, and I really need to get my study discipline back. I'm probably going to go to my brother's graduation regardless...